If bodybuilding, powerlifting or Olympic weightlifting are your thing, there’s a new gym in the Northern Quarter that you’ll want to check out. Federation Gym opened in October 2023 after its owners spotted a gap in the city centre for a luxury, pro-fitness training facility that combines competition-standard equipment with workshops, meal prep, and a posing room.
With a natural-lit lobby complete with living wall by Northern Flower, Federation is a world away from your typical gym. But you couldn’t accuse it of style over substance – the quality and variety of kit here attracts elite-level lifters and IFBB pros, as well as plenty of everyday fitness enthusiasts.
Equipment at Federation Gym
Over 45 pieces of kit including:
- Dumbbells from 3-70kg
- Full powerlifting suite with Eleiko calibrated plates and combo rack plus IPF comp bars
- 2x weightlifting platforms with IWF bars and Eleiko bumpers
- Watson hydraulics lever hack squat
- Watson Animal leg press with unilateral pin function
- Gymleco standing chest press
- Gymleco incline fly
- Primal standing lat raise
- Cardio machines for your warm-up
- 2x 15kg women’s bars with training plates
- Jerk blocks
- Squat stands
Facilities at Federation Gym:
- 6,000 sqft of air-conditioned space. 5,000 sqft gym floor.
- Free member workshops covering skills such as stretching and bracing
- Expertly lit posing room with double full mirrors and a 45-degree angled mirror
- On-site posing coach
- In-house physio and treatment room (from April)
- Meal prep service on site – homemade meals with quality ingredients.
The gym is fully geared up for competition-level athletes but you don’t have to be a fitness professional to train here; everyone is welcome. You do need to take your training sessions seriously though (it’s not the kind of gym where you’ll see people doom-scrolling between sets or hogging equipment while they film their next #fitspo post).
Part of what makes Federation popular is this hardworking, focused vibe. If that sounds like what you want from your gym, you’ll fit right in, whatever your fitness level when you join.
Open 6am-10pm weekdays and 8am-8pm weekends.
£65 per month (no contract). Discounts for 3, 6 and 12 month contracts.
£10 day pass if you come with another member.
How to join
Head to the gym on Spear Street, Northern Quarter for a tour or to get a day pass (£15). The cost of your day pass will be refunded if you join within a week.
Get in touch